It's Friday, but for many Sydneysiders it isn't a happy one.
NSW added another 170 coronavirus cases to its tally, with at least 42 people infectious while in the community.
The figures dropped from a peak on Thursday, but Premier Gladys Berejiklian said authorities expected the numbers to "bounce around" and urged people to get vaccinated.
There are also significant concerns about lockdown protests planned for the weekend, with Ms Berejiklian urging people not to attend for the sake of their family members.
"Do not give those you love the most a death sentence," Ms Berejiklian said.
Just make a cuppa, grab some snacks and stick on a Friends marathon instead.
Health authorities in Queensland are on high alert after a 17-year-old schoolgirl tested positive to coronavirus on Thursday night.
The teen attends Indooroopilly State High School and her case is yet to be linked with any existing outbreaks in the state.
Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said masks were more important than ever.
The teenager's family is being tested, but it is understood they haven't travelled anywhere recently.
It's been another exciting day for Australia on the Olympic stage, with Emma McKeon winning gold and Cate Campbell bronze in a remarkable double for the nation in the women's 100m freestyle.
And, it's the press conference we've all been waiting for, Australia's leaders have spent the afternoon using new coronavirus vaccination rate modelling to chart a course to fully reopen the nation.
Make sure you stay tuned to your favourite ACM website to get all the latest once the national cabinet meeting ends.
THE NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- A fraction flout Vic border rules: police
- The vaccination rate needed to end lockdowns
- Enviro group launches legal action against Federal MP over fracking grant
- Surprising truth about cleanliness of touch screens
- The beanie Sir David Attenborough couldn't refuse
- City's plan to honour Ariarne Titmus
- Qantas confirms vaccine passport will help bring back international travel
- Fuss free family-friendly recipes to cook this weekend