WAUCHOPE-Bonny Hills Surf Life Saving Club will have four shots at claiming an Australian Surf Rowers League Open Championship at Mollymook Beach this weekend.
The club's reserve reserve men, open men and under-23 ladies and men's crews all headed south on Thursday morning.
Under-23 ladies sweep Steve Monaghan said over 400 crews in total from around the country were preparing to battle it out.
His crew have had a frustrating season, but were focused on a strong showing at one of the headline events on the surf life saving calendar.
"The girls have really switched on and stepped up their training in the past month," he said.
"They are keen to compete and ready to give it their best shot. They are looking much stronger and committed and it feels like they have good boat speed at the moment."
Monaghan said all crews have been preparing well and are looking forward to the challenge.
"They have all been looking fast at training, so it's really hard to single out any," he said.
What else is happening in news, sport?
- Mid North Coast Cricket Council flag changes for next season
- Motorcyclist dies at Houston Mitchell Drive highway black spot
- Rotary ready to sock it to a world record for a good cause
- Road back to the top starts for Port Macquarie basketball
- Report recommends action to avoid Ocean Drive duplication funding risk
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: