LORD Howe Island east of Port Macquarie is in lockdown with access to the community for essential services only.
Member for Port Macquarie Leslie Williams announced the restrictions on March 23 as heightened control measures are put in place across the national to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
It comes after Prime Minister Scott Morrison, on Sunday, March 22 in consultation with all state and territory leaders and health officials, declared that all clubs, pubs and restaurants are to close from midday Monday.
Churches, casinos, cinemas, gyms, indoor spots venues and entertainment venues must also close, along with the licensed parts of hotels.
Shops and shopping centres remain open. Funerals are allowed, if the four square metre rule for indoor gatherings is adhered to.
Schools stay open for parents who want to send their children, Mr Morrison said. But parents could choose to keep their children at home and schools would move to distance learning for children that stayed home.
Lord Howe Island is now closed to tourists with only local residents or essential support personnel permitted to stay on the Island.
The news comes following the introduction of the Public Health (COVID-190 Lord Howe Island) Order 2020 which commenced at 5am on Sunday, March 22.
The Order states that access to and from Lord Howe Island is restricted to residents only and for the provision of health or other essential services.
A person must not land an airplane on Lord Howe Island or dock a ship other than for the purposes of providing supplies.
Food supplies will continue to be shipped to the island. Food orders are placed online with Woolworths at Lake Cathie ensuring those orders are met.
Mrs Williams said concerns about the provision of food supplies were allayed last week with residents also receiving an extra surprise roll of toilet paper with every order.
The Order is in place until June 18.
Three people are now confirmed to have contracted coronavirus in Port Macquarie-Hastings.
The news comes after a 14-year-old female student from St Columba Anglican School, who did not travel overseas, contracted the virus.
The Mid North Coast Local Health District spokesperson said one man is aged in his 50s, while the other is aged in his 80s.
Both men have recently returned to the region after travelling overseas and are now in isolation.
The spokesperson said the latest cases are not related to that of the 14-year-old girl, who was first to be diagnosed in Port Macquarie.
The Mid North Coast Local Health District is contacting people who have been close contacts of the men and asking them to self-isolate for 14 days from their last contact.
What else is making news?
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Port Macquarie News. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, SIGN UP HERE.