A 49-year-old woman was treated in Port Macquarie Base Hospital after a fire in a unit at a Blackmans Point caravan park.
Police said the incident occurred around 12.30am on Sunday May 14.
“The woman was asleep in the brick accommodation at Riverlodge Park, Blackmans Point when she awoke to find flames at the top of the door,” police said.
“There was a strong smell of smoke. The woman, along with other residents at the park, were able to vacate their premises.
“There was a triple-0 call and the rural fire service along with NSW Fire & Rescue took about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire.”
Police said the fire appears to have started in an adjoining store room.
Their investigations into the incident are continuing.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation at Port Macquarie Base Hospital and was released.