South Australian health officials have revised down the latest deaths of people with COVID-19, with the figure cut from six to three "following further clarification".
Premier Steven Marshall on Wednesday reported six more people had passed away but just hours later SA Health advised of the lower figure.
It said they involved a man and a woman in their 70s and another man in his 80s, taking the SA toll since the start of the pandemic to 47.
Also on Wednesday, Mr Marshall announced a cut in the interval for a COVID-19 booster vaccine from four to three months.
The change came as SA reported 3482 new infections, below its seven-day average of 3933 in what the premier said was further evidence the state was nearing the peak of the current outbreak.
But he confirmed hospital admissions had increased from 285 to 294, with 23 people in intensive care and four of those on ventilators.
Mr Marshall said cutting the interval for booster vaccines would make an extra 200,000 people eligible for a third dose.
"This next step in our Omicron response plan increases the number of South Australians eligible for their booster by about 25 per cent and will maximise our booster coverage," the premier said.
"The more South Australians get boosted, the sooner we can look to reduce restrictions and get back to a more normal life."
Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said increasing the number of South Australians who had received their third dose would substantially reduce case numbers, hospitalisations and deaths.
"We know that the third dose provides a far better level of protection against the Omicron variant, so reducing the interval required to get this dose will give people the best protection possible even sooner," Professor Spurrier said.
Also on Wednesday, the premier asked health authorities to review "pretty tough" rules at the Lyell McEwin Hospital, in Adelaide's north, which restricted the amount of time a father, partner or support person could be present during and after the birth of a baby.
He said the temporary rules had been put in place to reduce the risk to patients and in the hospital setting more broadly and reflected the lower vaccination rate in the local community and the more densely packed maternity ward at the hospital.
"They seem pretty harsh. I can't imagine not being at a partner's side during such an important time in their lives," he said.
But the premier said it would be a "brave" politician who overruled clinical advice.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.