A WAUCHOPE couple have celebrated a lifetime of love and togetherness marking their 70th anniversary.
Graham and Ann Andrews of Bundaleer Retirement Village marked the occasion with family and friends.
William Graham Andrews was born in July 1927 at Wauchope, the son of Harold Dudley Andrews DCM and Isabella Victoria Andrews (nee Graham of Koree Island).
The family resided at "Coleraine" RMB 1 Wauchope and the Andrews family carried out dairy farming on the property.
Harold joined the war effort and was awarded the DCM for his heroic action in capturing the strategic village of Chipilly in August 1918. After returning from overseas service, Harold farmed "Coleraine", married Isabella Graham of Koree Island, the couple had three children but only one - William Graham Andrews - survived child birth.
They lived at "Coleraine" until 1958 when Harold and Ivy retired to Ivy's father's house in High St Wauchope.
The property was purchased by Isaac Andrews and after his passing, his son William ("Dar") Andrews carried on the farm.
Bertha Elizabeth Ann Gilmour was born in July 1929 and was a daughter of Ernest Edward Gilmour and Mabel Gilmour (Elford).
The family originally resided at Sancrox near the bridge to Rawdon Island.
Ern was a farmer and professional fisherman working the Hasting River and selling his catch to the Fisherman's Co-op in Port Macquarie.
The Gilmours had four children Bertha (Ann), Robert, Edward, and Jean.
William (Graham) Andrews, as well as helping work the farm, became an electrician. It was during this time he met and married Bertha Elizabeth Ann Gilmour of Sancrox.
They were married on November 19 in the Free Presbyterian Church, Cameron St Wauchope, and resided at "Coleraine" until 1958 when they moved to Raleigh as Graham was working for the NRCC (Northern Rivers County Council).
They received a transfer to the Grafton branch, then Graham branched out as a electrical contactor in Maclean.
They then moved to Sydney until he retired to live in the family holiday house at Angourie before they decided to permanently return to Wauchope.
Both now reside at Bundaleer Retirement Village in Wauchope.