PORT Macquarie-Hastings has hit 94 per cent for first dose vaccinations and is leading the way on the Mid North Coast.
The local government area has also met the NSW milestone of 70 per cent double dose vaccinations the same week the state's roadmap to re-opening rolls out.
- Kempsey reports sixth COVID case in two days, source under investigation
- Five deaths and 360 new NSW COVID-19 cases
- 10,000 jabs in arms a milestone for Lakewood practice
- Please be patient: Hastings businesses face challenges as state reopens
- Freedom - Kempsey businesses open doors, but rules pose some challenges
"Cowper has seen a phenomenal surge in second dose vaccination rates this week, the highest weekly increase across all LGAs that we have seen to date," Member for Cowper Pat Conaghan said.
"Port Macquarie's fully vaccinated rate increased by seven per cent in one week, and Coffs Harbour saw a 6.9 per cent increase.
"The acceleration of first dose rates has blitzed the NSW average, which is great news for the region.
"A huge thank you to all involved, firstly to the community for rolling up your sleeves and secondly to the amazing network partners, from GPs to pharmacies and walk-in hubs."
Across the Mid North Coast, vaccination rates are currently:
- Bellingen Shire: 88.0 per cent first dose; 63.1 per cent double dose
- Nambucca Shire: 88.5 per cent first dose; 60 per cent double dose
- Kempsey Shire: 88.8 per cent first dose; 58.7 per cent double dose
- Port Macquarie-Hastings: 94.4 per cent first dose; 70 per cent double dose
Walk-in vaccination clinics are open across the Mid North Coast this week at:
- Coffs Harbour - C.ex Coffs - 9am to 4pm, Tuesday to Sunday (Pfizer)
- Port Macquarie - 35 Grant St - 9am to 4pm, Tuesday to Sunday (Pfizer)
- Kempsey District Hospital - River St entrance - 9am to 4pm, Tuesday to Friday (Pfizer)
All clinics are wheelchair accessible.
No appointment is necessary, just bring your Medicare card and photo ID. Remember to wear your mask and observe physical distancing at all times.
If you have an existing appointment, you can arrive at your allocated time.
COVID-19 vaccinations are also administered at GP clinics and pharmacies across the Mid North Coast.
Three TGA approved vaccines are now available to everyone aged 12+ for Moderna and Pfizer; and everyone aged 18+ for AstraZeneca.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: