THE Port Macquarie-Hastings region could see a return to lockdown restrictions if case numbers rise in the region.
In Deputy Premier John Barilaro's regional COVID update on Monday, September 27, he said the Port Macquarie exposure sites are of "concern".
"Because of the particular cases in these areas, they are of concern," he said.
"I know that this morning Doctor Kerry Chant did express concern for the Port Macquarie area."
There has been no announcement of Port Macquarie returning to lockdown restrictions, however Mr Barilaro said it is a possibility.
"I wouldn't be surprised to see Port Macquarie go back into lockdown for seven days," he said.
There has been one new case in the Mid North Coast Local Health District to 8pm last night (Sunday, September 26).
This case in Kempsey was announced yesterday and is a household close contact of a case reported on Saturday (September 25). The person has been in isolation and has not been infectious in the community.
Positive cases in the Mid North Coast Health District now total 10:
- PORT MACQUARIE: 2
- KEMPSEY: 4
- COFFS HARBOUR: 4
There have been 16 cases reported in the MNCLHD since the beginning of the current NSW outbreak in June.
There are 20 venues of concern linked to two positive COVID cases in Port Macquarie.
MNCLHD released the extensive list on Sunday night (September 26).
Port Macquarie Airport and two businesses in Nambucca Heads have also been listed as venues of concern after two other confirmed cases of COVID-19 visited the region separately.
To 8pm last night, NSW recorded 787 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 and 12 deaths - six men and six women.
Four people were in their 60s, two people were in their 70s, four people were in their 80s, and two people were in their 90s.
NSW also now has a clear path to follow out of the pandemic and lockdowns, with the roadmap for easing restrictions at the 80 per cent double dose target revealing a brighter future for the community.
From the Monday after NSW hits the 80 per cent (aged 16 and over) double dose vaccination target, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to have up to 10 people visit their home, participate in community sport, and access hospitality venues (where drinking while standing up will be allowed indoors). All premises will operate at one person per four metre squared indoors, and one person per two metre squared outdoors.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the 80 per cent roadmap will also remove the limit of fully vaccinated guests for weddings and funerals, and remove customer caps for personal services such as hairdressers.
"I know people are counting down the minutes until we reach 70 per cent double dose and the freedoms that will provide, and today we are providing further certainty by announcing the 80 per cent roadmap and future settings," Ms Berejiklian said.
"Vaccination remains our ticket to freedom so we need to work even harder to get jabs in arms, to help stop the spread, minimise outbreaks and ensure people are protected when we open up."
Kempsey: stay-at-home orders
All residents in the Kempsey LGA must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason, which includes:
- shopping for food
- medical care
- getting vaccinated
- compassionate needs
- work or tertiary education if you can't work or study at home
People who are fully vaccinated can attend an outdoor gathering of up to five people for exercise or outdoor recreation, as long as all of those aged 16 or older are fully vaccinated.
To determine the extent of the risk and detect any further potential COVID-19 cases in the area, the MNCLHD is calling on the communities to come forward for testing in large numbers.
Kempsey commenced a seven-day lockdown at 5pm, Tuesday 21 September. Case numbers will determine the outcome of a review after this seven days is complete.
Find available bookings at the Commonwealth Government's COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Finder (previously eligibility checker), or you can also call Health Direct on 1800 571 155 for assistance to book.