More than 20 of the area's creatives will open their studios and workshops to the public over the weekend.
Artists and creatives taking part in the Artists' Open Studio Weekend on Saturday and Sunday (April 10 and 11) are located from Port Macquarie to Bonny Hills, Lakewood, Lake Cathie, Sancrox, Beechwood and Rosewood.
Artistic pursuits on show include painting, drawing, sculpture, glass, pottery, ceramics, jewellery, metalwork and textiles.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council's Liesa Davies said the open studios weekend was a great opportunity to explore our region's creative culture and support local artists.
"As part of our bicentenary program, the open studios weekend aims to encourage our community and visitors to discover some of our incredible local artistic talent," she said.
"Artists are opening their studios and workshops to the public, many for the very first time.
"Many of these creative businesses have had a tough year as a result of COVID and we hope this, along with initiatives like ArtWalk and our new Taste trails, will boost their profile, inspire our community to support and engage with local creative industries, and build upon our region's character."
The open studios component of the bicentenary has been funded as a council COVID recovery project aimed to support local artists and creative industries.
Aleisa Byfield is one of the participating artists.
The predominantly self-taught ceramic artist is attracted to the limitless possibilities of clay, while she loves the contrast between the earthy clays and smooth porcelains.
Ms Byfield hopes the Artists' Open Studio Weekend will raise further awareness and support for artists and creatives.
She said it would also allow people to see what creatives were capable of and hopefully lead to a greater appreciation of new artforms.
Ms Byfield sees another benefit as promoting networking and collaboration between artists across different mediums.
The participating artists over the weekend are:
- MakerSpace Open Studio: 4 Albert Circuit, Port Macquarie from 10am-2pm
- Trudy Ebsworth-Espie: Ebsworth Pots, 286 Ocean Drive, Lakewood from 10am-4pm
- Terri Maddock Open Studio: Bonnyview Studio, 8 Kulla Place, Bonny Hills from 10am-4pm
- Bonny Hills Artists group: Rita Carosi, Brian Barker, Kim Madden, Julie Mills at 15 Kendall Crescent, Bonny Hills from 10am-4pm
- Jan Wilson and Caroline Baker Open Studio: Wilson Studio at 39 Rainbow Beach Drive, Bonny Hills from 10am-4pm
- Nicola McLeay Open Studio: Lighthouse Gallery at 159 Matthew Flinders Drive, Port Macquarie from 9.30am-5pm
- Vivianne Hazenveld Open Studio: Vivianne Hazenveld Art and Tuition at 56 Billabong Drive, Sancrox from 11am-2pm
- Gwen Roberts Open Studio: Artist's Open Studio at 23 Springhill Place, Lake Cathie from 10am-4pm
- The Out There Collective Open Studio: 2 Coachwood Close, Frazers Creek from 10am-4pm
- Yvonne Kiely Open Studio: 72 Home Street, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Sue Brangwin Open Studio: 15 Merrigal Road, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Tony Williams Open Studio: 262 Crestwood Drive, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Rose Burke Open Studio: 21 Shelbourne Place, Port Macquarie
- Skye Petho Open Studio: Arthouse Industries at 1/21 Clarence Street, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Rod Page Open Studio: Crystalline Pottery, 60 Jolly Nose Drive, Bonny Hills from 10am-4pm
- Maureen Hales Open Studio: Benjella Art Studio and Gallery at 13 Palmview Place, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Kim Staples Open Studio: Kim Staples Art of Life Studio at 48 Newport Crescent, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Kim McLean Open Studio: Kim McLean Art Gallery at 4 The Summit Road, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Gloria Muddle Open Studio: 10 Harbourside Crescent, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Aleisa Byfield Open Studio: 10 Bellbowrie Street, Port Macquarie from 10am-4pm
- Wayne Saunders Ironlord Forge Open Studio: 73 Quarry Road, Rosewood from 10am-4pm (Sunday only)
What else is making news, sport?
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Bookmark our website
Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
You can support us with a subscription
Follow us on Twitter: @portmacnews
Follow us on Instagram: @portmacnews
Follow us on Google News