LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS
* Health workers in regional NSW will begin receiving the coronavirus vaccine within weeks as the state's vaccination program approaches a significant milestone.
* Five major vaccination hubs and 99 satellite sites will be rolled out across NSW starting from March 15, Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced on Saturday.
* Victorians have enjoyed their first full day of significantly eased restrictions following the Melbourne Airport Holiday Inn outbreak. People are now allowed to have up to 30 people visit their home per day and mask rules have eased.
* Victoria once again recorded no new cases of coronavirus on Saturday after reporting two cases on Friday of close contacts who were already isolating. There are now 11 active cases remaining linked to the Holiday Inn outbreak.
* Viral fragments have been detected in a wastewater sample collected in Melbourne's outer west on February 22. Health authorities urge anyone with symptoms of the virus to get tested.
* A total of 711 COVID-19 vaccination doses were administered yesterday at hospital vaccination hubs across Victoria, bringing the total number of vaccine doses administered in the state to 3613.
* Two problems with the coronavirus vaccine rollout at separate aged care homes won't stop its progress and shouldn't cause anxiety, Prime Minister Scott Morrison says.
* A doctor and the chief executive of the company that hired him were stood aside when two people at a Brisbane aged care facility were given more than the required doses of the Pfizer vaccine earlier this week.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* There were seven new virus cases recorded in Australia on Saturday, all overseas acquired: one in Queensland and six in NSW.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 113,415,669
* Deaths: at least 2,517,422
* Recovered: at least 63,992,739
Data current as of 1800 AEDT on February 27, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press