POLICE are urging motorists to drive to the conditions after a young woman was lucky to escape serious injury after a motor vehicle accident in wet and slippery conditions.
About 9.45pm on Friday, February 19, Mid North Coast Traffic and Highway Patrol and Port Macquarie police attended John Oxley Drive, Port Macquarie in relation to a single vehicle collision.
The 17-year-old female driver was conveyed to Port Macquarie Hospital where she was treated for non life threatening injuries.
Minor local traffic delays were experienced for an hour after the incident.
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances of the collision.
Mid North Coast Police would like to remind motorists to adapt their driving to the changing road, weather and traffic conditions following recent rain.
More heavy rain is predicted for Port Macquarie-Hastings through until Sunday evening with low-lying areas and bridges experiencing inundation.
What else is making news?
- Washed out: Torrential rain forces NSW Junior State Cup cancellation
- What's Biting: If flathead is on the menu try Limeburners
- Man to face court after drugs; firearms seized
- Askew enjoying "being in the moment" after first three Ironman rounds
- McIntyre already feels part of the Titans family after move north