SIX years ago the unimaginable happened.
Mid-morning on September 12, 2014 a little boy enjoying a play in the yard of his foster grandmother's home at Kendall had his innocence stolen.
Wearing just his Spiderman suit, William Tyrrell disappeared. Relentless searching for the boy since then has found nothing.
A coronial inquest into William Tyrrell's disappearance resumes on October 6 after being suspended in March due to coronavirus restrictions.
It is expected the NSW Coroners Court will hear that potential witnesses are withholding information about the three-year-old's 2014 disappearance.
Deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame will oversee the inquest and the next four days of hearings.
The inquest is examining how William vanished from his foster grandparents' home on Benaroon Drive and if human intervention played a role.
Several witnesses are still to give evidence and investigators are examining fresh leads.
Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC, told a directions hearing in June that there were people who had information about William's disappearance and suspected death who should contact NSW Police.
"No doubt there are people who have not passed on information they have," Mr Craddock said.
Six years on and the pain felt by William's family is still raw.
"Time doesn't heal all wounds. William's disappearance has left a significant hole in our family's life - one that will never be filled with wounds still raw until we know where he is and what happened to him," the family said.
"We live constantly day-by-day in the hope of finding William; hoping to bring him home to put an end to the nightmare for everyone after what has been a tortuous six years.
"Our family will always think of William as a beautiful, wonderful little boy filled with fun and laughter. Until we bring him home, we will remember William with loving thoughts of how he lived, not thoughts of how and why he disappeared.
"We will never give up on William... never."
A $1 million reward for information leading to the return or recovery of William remains open. It is one of the largest rewards on offer for a missing person in NSW.
Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.