The NSW SES Port Macquarie unit has credited the community for adhering to advice issued by the organisation to take precautions in advance of wild weather conditions.
A strong weather system hit the coastline on Tuesday, July 14 resulting in hazardous surf conditions, large swells and gusty winds.
NSW SES Port Macquarie unit controller Michael Ward said volunteers were called to four fallen tree incidents but that was the extent of the damage as a result of the weather.
He said Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff cleared two trees from the road, while Essential Energy staff managed another which had fallen on power lines.
A fourth tree caused some damage to a residential property when it hit the backyard deck.
NSW SES issued a warning on Friday, July 10 for residents to prepare for the predicted weather by cleaning roofs, gutters and downpipes, trimming trees branches away from property and securing outdoor items and furniture.
Mr Ward said the weekend provided a great opportunity for residents to do maintenance of their properties in advance of the severe weather prediction and in preparation for future storm events.
Large waves and swell continues to batter the Port Macquarie-Hastings coastline on Wednesday, July 15.
Residents are being urged to stay clear of areas impacted by damaging surf, erosion scarps and damaged buildings or structures and not to go sightseeing.
For more advice on how to prepare for storms and floods, visit the SES Get Ready website www.ses.nsw.gov.au/getready
For emergency storm and flood assistance, call NSW SES on 132 500.
Hazardous Surf Conditions Safety Tips:
- Avoid rock fishing and water activities on exposed beaches/rock-shelves
- Only swim at patrolled beaches, between the red & yellow flags. See the Beachsafe Website for patrolled locations/times
- Check the official Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) forecast before undertaking rock fishing and water activities
- Boaties should seek advice from Marine Rescue NSW and always wear a lifejacket
- If witnessing an in-water emergency dial Triple Zero (000) - Police.