There will be no champion for the Bago Grape Stomp Championships in 2020, according to Bago Winery representative and landscape architect Ian Mobbs.
The annual grape stomp challenge was expected to draw spectators and public competitors but was cancelled due to heavy rain on Sunday, February 9.
Mr Mobbs said the competition had been cancelled due to flooded roads and concerns for safety of attendees after the winery received 110mm of rain in the lead up to the event.
"It's been cancelled and there will be no competition this year," he said. "We will kick back into action next year.
"It's a bit of a shame because people look forward to the event and we had around 50 people who had booked in for the day.
"We'd like to thank everyone who did pre-book and their interest in it. We hope to see everyone out here next time."
The winery is continuing to harvest grapes this week.
Around 200 kilos of grapes which were destined to be trodden on, will instead be added to this week's harvest.
"We have a short supply of grapes and we are picking again this week so after that there won't be any grapes to squash," said Mr Mobbs.
"The grapes are all being eaten by parrots, that's why we are keen to harvest them right away. We won't have a crop until next year."
Online ticket bookings have been refunded and maze entry tickets are expected to be transferred to later dates.
What else is making news, sport?
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Port Macquarie News. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, SIGN UP HERE.
If you value local journalism, continue to support us and consider taking out a subscription. CLICK HERE for a 30-day free trial.