Heavy rainfall has been recorded across the lower Hastings over the last 24 hours, with further heavy rainfall forecast over the next 24 hours, from noon on Sunday February 9.
Abnormally high tides will combine with this rainfall to produce minor flooding at Settlement Point.
A Severe Weather Warning is current for Very Heavy Rainfall, Abnormally High Tides, Damaging Surf and Damaging Winds for many districts including the Mid North Coast.
Hastings River: Minor flooding is likely along the Hastings River.
The Hastings River at Kindee Bridge peaked near 4.20 metres this morning and is currently falling. Renewed minor flooding is possible with forecast rain.
The Hastings River at Wauchope is likely to reach the minor flood level (2.50 metres) Sunday afternoon.
The Hastings River at Settlement Point is likely to reach the minor flood level (1.20 metres) around midday Sunday.
What we are expecting:
At Settlement Point and surrounding areas flood waters may start to impact low lying roads and bridges including:
- Hastings River Drive and Settlement Point Road
- North Shore - Shoreline Drive, Wombat Close, Dolphin Court & Marlin Place Maria River Road
- The Hibbard Ferry ceased operations earlier although normal service resumed at around noon
At Kindee and surrounding areas flood water may start to impact low lying areas, roads, camping areas and causeways in the Upper Hastings Valley.
At Wauchope and surrounding areas flood waters may start to impact low lying roads and bridges including Bains Bridge.
Should river heights continue to rise residents need to consider the impact of potential isolation.
What you need to do:
- People in areas likely to be impacted by flooding need to consider the following:
- Refraining from driving or walking through flood water
- The impact of possible road closures and flood isolation on (health and safety), work, family and educational commitments
- Monitoring emergency warnings and severe weather updates on local ABC radio, NSW SES Mid North Coast Facebook Page and Bureau of Meteorology website If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top
- If you live in a low-lying area and are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so
- Securing outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take essential medicines and clothes with you
- For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
Latest River Heights:
Location Height of River (m) Tendency Date/Time of Observation Camden Haven River at Logans Crossing 6.69 Rising 06:15 AM SUN 09/02/20
For more information:
- Road information, for local roads contact Council or log onto http://midnorthcoast.myroadinfo.com.au
- Road information on State Government managed roads go to the Live Traffic NSW website at http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au
- Rural animal and livestock assistance contact your Local Land Services Office.
You can find more information on the weather in the catchments of the Camden Haven, Hastings, Maria and Wilson Rivers from the Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au
LATEST RIVER HEIGHTS FOR THE HASTINGS RIVER:
Hastings River at Mt Seaview: 1.94 Falling 10am Sunday
Hastings River at Kindee Bridge: 3.83 Falling 10am Sunday
Hastings River at Wauchope: 2.16 Rising 10.30am Sunday
Wilson River at Telegraph Point: 1.12 Rising 10.15am Sunday
Hastings River at Settlement Point 1.11 Rising 10am Sunday