Stay up to date with our rolling coverage of the bushfire situation.
Behind every tragic incident there is a strong community which bands together to support those who need it.
The Mid North Coast fires broke out on Friday, November 8 and have resulted in the loss of human life, animals and homes.
Read more:State of emergency declared in NSW
There are many ways people can support those who have lost so much through the devastating fires.
People can also make a donation in support of the firefighters who are working tirelessly to battle to the blazes.
Communities across the state are uniting in support of the Mid North Coast.
- Firefighters Fundraiser - Mid North Coast NSW: on behalf of The Trustee for NSW Rural Fire Service & Brigades Donations Fund.
- Rudder Equine - Horse & Livestock Bushfire Rescue: for the evacuation of horses and livestock.
- Help Thirsty Koalas Devastated by Recent Fires: on behalf of the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
- MidCoast Bush Fire Relief:Lions Clubs are raising money to benefit those in need.
- NSW Mid North Coast Fire Relief: for those impacted by the bushfires
- Mid North Coast Bush Fire Victims: support for people impacted by the fires.
- Time to give back to our heroes: on behalf of The Trustee for NSW Rural Fire Service & Brigades Donations Fund.
Donations of food and other items:
- Charles Sturt University: If people would like to donate non perishable snack food (muesli bars, lollies, chips, sport drinks) they can drop them off to the CSU residences at 28 Kingfisher Road between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. People can also donate Coles gift cards for the cause.
- Wauchope Showground: The showground will be open 24 hours a day until the emergency is over, and they're appealing for people to bring food as they are running short on supplies of bread, sandwiches, tea, coffee and milk. Ring Neil on 0418 762 599 if you want to help.
- Sunset Gallery in Port Macquarie: Accepting donations of food such as canned stews, fruit and rice pudding. Also accepting non perishable snack food. The gallery is also accepting donations for people who have been displaced due to the fires. Donations such as bathroom products, pet food, children's books, tea, coffee, long life milk, milo and items of clothing are welcome.
- The Old Butter Factory at Telegraph Point: Accepting donations of food such as quiche, zucchini slice and other savoury foods. Also quick grab items snacks and sport drinks.All non perishable individually packaged snacks welcome.Ziplock bags also required.