Well, what a night that was - here's to the firies and all concerned in getting that monster under control.
The fire, known by authorities as the Crestwood fire as that's where it had its origins in Port Macquarie, has been downgraded from emergency level to advice. That is, there is no immediate danger.
WHAT WE KNOW RIGHT NOW
- Road closed: Houston Mitchell Drive between the Pacific Highway at Lake Cathie; Ocean Drive between Lake Cathie and Port Macquarie.
- The schools open are: Camden Haven High school, Lake Cathie Public School.
- No homes were lost: but there were many close calls
- Wildlife concern: Hundreds of koalas may have been killed in the habitat deemed critical to the animals.
Please wait while live updates load.
Mid North Coast fires update
- KEMPSEY: Oxley Highway remains closed due to bush fires
- FORSTER-TUNCURRY: Smoke and ash continue to rain down
- NAMBUCCA: Reinforcements provide welcome relief to local firies