IT’S Library Week and Port Macquarie threw open the doors to regular and visiting members on May 22 for morning tea.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Library Service has over 34,000 members who borrow more than 750,000 items each year.
The library hosts 90 book clubs and has a free streaming service called Kanopy, where people can choose from over 7,000 titles to watch.
Events and activities happening during Library Week at Port Macquarie library, Wauchope library and Laurieton library include:
- Storytime at Port Library Wednesday, May 23, 10.30-11.30am
- Storytime at Laurieton Library Wednesday, May 23, 10.30-11.30am
- Lawyers on the Lounge at Wauchope Library Wednesday, May 23, 10am-2pm
- Biggest Morning Tea at Laurieton Library, Thursday, May 24, 10am
- Author talk with Beth Anderson at Port Library Friday, May 25, 10-11am
- Baby Bounce at Wauchope Library Friday, May 25, 10.30-11am