It will be a celebration of books and reading as libraries in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region celebrate Library Week, May 21-27.
Storytime, morning teas and workshops galore will be among the events celebrating libraries said marketing and programs librarian Kate Forrest.
“Last year’s theme for us was ‘every week is library week’ and it still stands true, with so much always going on within the libraries all of the time (events, activities), as well as our regular services (in the library and online),” Ms Forrest said.
“This year our theme is ‘the library has left the building’ – highlighting all of our outreach and eServices which are constantly growing.
“At the moment we have over 34000 members who loan out more than 750,000 item each year.
“We also have over 450,000 visits to our libraries each year, we host 90 book clubs and have a free streaming service called Kanopy, where people can choose from over 7,000 titles to watch.”
Events and activities happening during Library Week at Port Macquarie library, Wauchope library and Laurieton library include:
- Storytime at Wauchope Library Monday, May 21, 10.30-11.30am
- Morning tea at Port Libraru, Tuesday, May 22, 11am
- Eco Cleaning Workshop at Laurieton Library Tuesday, May 22, 10am-12noon
- Storytime at Port Library Tuesday, May 22, 10.30-11.30am
- Storytime at Port Library Wednesday, May 23, 10.30-11.30am
- Storytime at Laurieton Library Wednesday, May 23, 10.30-11.30am
- Lawyers on the Lounge at Wauchope Library Wednesday, May 23, 10am-2pm
- Biggest Morning Tea at Laurieton Library, Thurday, May 24, 10am
- Author talk with Beth Anderson at Port Library Friday, May 25, 10-11am
- Baby Bounce at Wauchope Library Friday, May 25, 10.30-11am
Come and join the fun!