Two airlifted after cooker explodes at campground

Two people were flown to a Sydney hospital.
Two people were flown to a Sydney hospital.

TWO people were airlifted to a Sydney hospital after a portable cooker exploded at a campground north of Port Macquarie on Friday night.

A 20-year-old woman with burns to her chest and legs was treated at Big Hill Beach about 6.30pm.

The Westpac Rescue Helicopter airlifted the woman to Royal North Shore Hospital in a serious condition. 

A man was treated for minor burns and airlifted to the same hospital.

The Crescent Head case was one of four separate incidents across the state yesterday when a number of people suffered serious injuries in camp or fire-side incidents.

 The Ambulance Service of NSW has reiterated warnings that  that people should never put any kind of flammable liquid or accelerant on a fire and people should check all campfire equipment for safety, before use. Ensure gas bottles have no leaks or smells and are in good working condition.

Comments

Discuss "Two airlifted after cooker explodes at campground"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.