At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. Where else can you walk into a supermarket wanting to buy bread and milk and walk out with a trombone?
Luckily, to be a Retail Assistant at ALDI you don’t need to be an expert trombone player. You will need to love to keep active and busy because our Retail Assistant role is so much more than sitting at a register. As a Retail Assistant at ALDI you’ll be operating machinery, filling shelves, cleaning, checking product quality and tidying special buys. You don’t need to be the Hulk, but the role is physical in nature, so you'll need to enjoy hands-on work!
Our stores are open every day of the week (including weekends and public holidays). Shifts can start as early as 6am and finish as late as 10pm, so they fit nicely around your study timetable or busy lifestyle! It’s important that you are able to get to and from work safely, so you need access to reliable transport. Regardless of your previous experience a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit and the willingness to learn are what we are really looking for.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $26.42 per hour+penalties*
- Rotating roster with an average of 15 hours per week
- Be a part of an international retailer
- Career progression opportunities in our growing store network
- Extensive training and development
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly, passionate and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards
- Operating manual pallet moving equipment
- Merchandising stock storewide
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Operating registers and calculating change manually
If you’re still reading and like what you see, go and put your application in with ALDI! (When you’re done with your trombone lesson of course)
Here at ALDI we understand COVID-19 has changed the way we work and the safety of our employees is our number one priority. We have taken extensive measures to keep our workers safe:
- Comprehensive COVID safe plans that are regularly reviewed
- Protective screens installed at every single register
- Appropriate PPE, cleaning and hygiene equipment available for all team members
- Introduction of employee benefits such as paid isolation leave
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 01st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.
*Hourly rate for Retail Assistants over 18 years of age.