THE Port Macquarie Sharks player who allegedly threatened a Group 2 referee has still not come forward to face the judiciary, but his club claims a possible 20-year ban threat is not enforceable.
The player in question, whose name had not been released at the time of going to press, is suspended from all forms of rugby league until he comes forward, according to Group 2 administration.
Group 2 chief administration officer Jim Anderson said the situation was out of their hands.
"He has been asked to come to an inquiry but he didn't show up, so it has been adjourned until he is ready to come in," he said.
"The club has been contacted and they have been cooperating. But he is suspended until he shows up."
On Tuesday, Mr Anderson told the Port News: "The referee made a complaint that the player threatened to stab and kill him," during a local game.
"We still need to clear up all the details of the incident," he said.
"But we are not the police. We are not chasing him. We will deal with it when he is ready to come in."
Mr Anderson stressed that at this stage the complaints were only allegations, but if found guilty and charged with the incident, the player could be handed a 20-year suspension.
Sharks president Steve Manton said a reply had been sent to the group regarding the incident and stressed there were still many issues to be discussed.
"There's a real complex scenario here," he said. "It's not just one incident, there's about four that need to be addressed."
Mr Anderson said a management meeting would be held on Tuesday at which the matter would be discussed.