The Gwydir Highway has been reopened between Grafton and Glen Innes following its closure earlier today.
However due to a landslide at Jackadgery a few weeks ago, a 2.5m width restriction remains in place with alternating traffic conditions at the site.
Motorists are still advised to avoid travel on the NSW North Coast due to a number of major road closures.
The Pacific Highway is currently closed:
* northbound at Hastings River Drive, Port Macquarie (local access only; through-traffic is being turned around)
* between north of Kempsey and West of Frederickton, and southbound at Clybucca
* 4km north of Macksville
* northbound at South Grafton; traffic is being diverted via Centenary Drive (not suitable for heavy vehicles)
Other major roads which are currently affected by flooding are:
* Oxley Highway - closed between Wauchope and Walcha
* Waterfall Way - closed between Raleigh and Dorrigo
* Bangalow Road - closed between Lismore and Bexhill
* Failford Road - closed between Failford and The Lakes Way
There is no forecast at this stage for when any of these major road closures will be lifted.
The New England Highway remains an alternative for travel through to Queensland.