The Gwydir Highway has reopened about 20 kilometres west of Moree and Bangalow Road has also reopened between Bexhill and Lagoon Grass near Lismore, the NSW Transport Management Centre has advised.
However motorists using Bangalow Road are advised to exercise caution as there are numerous potholes on the road.
Meanwhile, the Pacific Highway remains closed between Grafton and the Illuka turn-off due to flooding.
Motorists travelling between Grafton and Ballina still need to use the Summerland Way and the Bruxner Highway via Casino. This will add around an hour to the trip.
Local residents can use the Pacific Highway between Ballina and the Illuka turn off.
The following roads remain closed in both directions due to flooding:
- The Bruxner Highway between Boggabilla and North Star turn off
- The Gwydir Highway about 70 kilometres west of Grafton at Jackadgery due to a landslip
- Tweed Valley Way between Leddays Creek Road and the Pacific Highway at Chinderah
- The Carnavon Highway between Garah adn Mungindi
- Stony Creek Road at the Causeway at Shanes Park (in Sydney)
The Ulmarra and Lawrence ferry services are not operating
The Newell Highway is open on the NSW side of the border at Goondiwindi.
For further traffic information visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.