Today: January 8
* Little Big Shots film festival starts rolling at the Glasshouse this morning. At 10am, Tiny Tots is the first session, aimed at children aged 2-5. Tickets cost $8.50. Sessions last about an hour and a half.
Wednesday: January 9
* Funny man Jimeoin will have you in stitches at Port Macquarie Panthers Wednesday night. From 8pm, this Irish lad will showcase new material geared to his latest tour, WHAT?! Tickets cost $39.
Thursday: January 10
* If you didn’t quite get to your giggle quota at Panthers, head along to the North Haven Bowling and Recreation Club on Thursday for a night packed with laughter. Seven comedians at the top of their game are joining forces for the Laugh Factory Comedy Gala from 8pm. Tickets cost $25.
January 11 to 19
* The Port Macquarie Game Fishing Club brings you the annual Golden Lure fishing tournament which is in its 28th year. This nine-day event takes place in the beautiful waters of Greater Port Macquarie and includes the Tammy Kirkby Memorial Charity Day.
Saturday: January 12
* Get your bloom fix at the Laurieton United Services Club Saturday and Sunday at the first orchid show in the state for the year. The Camden Haven Orchid Society is hosting the event and entry is by donation. Proceeds go to the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
Also at the LUSC, The Old Fella will make you laugh from 8pm. Tickets cost $16 pre-sale or $20 on the door.
At the Tacking Point Tavern GANGAjang will perform from 8pm Saturday night. Entry is free.
Thursday: January 17
* The one and only Reece Mastin will be performing at Port Panthers and this pop idol will wow young and old alike and there are still tickets available.
Sunday January 20
* Now in its seventh year, Oysters in the Vines has plenty including live entertainment, an oyster showcase, kids entertainment and more.